Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Trip Pulau Bira (21-22 March 2015)

At this moment i want to share about my trip to Bira Island.

I go to this Island on 21-22 March 2015, because of invitation from my friend.
Before the story begin, I'll start with short introduce about Bira Island..

Enjoy reading and view the video (at the end of this story)

Bira Island (Pulau Bira) is an Island that located at Thousand Island (Kepulauan Seribu), Jakarta.
There's many famous island around Kepulauan Seribu like Pramuka Island, Pari Island, Tidung Island. At this time I go to Bira Island.

As we can see on the information board when arrived on this island, Bira Island actually belongs to PT. Patra Jasa, it's a company of Pertamina that have business on hospitality and property. (http://www.patra-jasa.com/)


But when I came to this Island on March 2015, it seems that the company not yet managed this Island, cause the building on this island is abandoned by the owner before since 2005.



Bira Island have 20 "luxury cottage", but at this time only 8 cottage that utilized by island guard for rent to the public, because only this cottage that have feasible condition for rent. the electricity on this island powered by generator set and only available from 5 pm till 7 am.

why I called "luxury cottage"?
it because the cottage have parlor with mini bar (now used as bedroom), 2 bath room, 1 bed room with 2 bed include mosquito net, 1 refrigerator (broken), 1 sofa at parlor, 2 Air Conditioner (broken) and using wooden floor.






Maybe some of you after read what i write above thinking why I go there? didn't i looking information about this island before?
and the answer is YES... I'm not doing research on the internet before go there, I just trust my friend that invite me to join the trip. 

But... after going back from this island i can say that... I'm not disappointed going here, but I can say.. Lucky i'm going here at this time... 

Why??

1. Because when i go to this Island while the resort still good, I'm sure the cost will very high. The cost 2 day 1 night at Bira Island when I go is 475.000 Rupiah (around 40USD)
2. The underwater view were good.
3. We can enjoy the beach any time.. because the beach located in front of our cottage. 
4. We can enjoy sunset and sunrise at this island.
5. The food taste is good for me:)

Here the itinerary for this trip
Day 1 :
06.00 : meeting point at Muara Angke Port
07.00 - 10.00 : Go to Harapan Island (transit only)
10.00 - 10.30 : Go to Bira Island
10.30 - 12.30 : Touch down Bira Island, check in, rest & lunch
12.30 - 17.30 : Snorkeling & Hopping Island. 
17.30 - 18.00 : Enjoy the sunset at Bira Island
18.00 - 19.00 : Take a bath & rest
19.00 - done : Dinner & BBQ then sleep :)

Day 2 : 
05.00 - 06.00 : Catching the Sunrise
06.00 - 08.00 : Breakfast
08.00 - 11.00 : Enjoy the beach at Bira Island & Packing
11.00 - 12.00 : Check out and go to Harapan Island (transit only)
12.00 - 15.00 : Back to Muara Angke Port

So when you want to go for a short trip around Jakarta with low budget you can go to Bira Island. 

Maybe some photo / video of my trip can make you want to go there :)

Otw Bira

Welcome to Bira

Welcome to Bintang Island

Jump... 





Sunset... 

Chasing the sunrise
Chasing the sunrise
Chasing the sunrise

Enjoy the Beach.. (in front of the cottage)

And here the video of this trip... mostly underwater  :)




No comments: